Anastasiya Guzenkova (RUS)
Anastasiya Guzenkova (RUS)
Foundation, eye shadows, powder, blush… Gymnasts always wear beautiful make-up during competitions.
The style depends on the choices of the gymnast, since there is no regulation about make-up for competitions. In Aesthetic Gymnastics, make-up has become relevant as a way of expression.
Some of them choose natural make up such as Anna Rizatdinova or heavy smoky eyes such as Yanika Vartlaan. Even a cosmetics brand, GOSH cosmetics, is promoting Belarusian team. Spanish former gymnast, Almudena Cid, filmed a tutorial about Rhythmic Gymnastics Makeup.
Russian team is including in their summer camps make-up lessons.
The Ukrainian smokey eye
Yanika Vartlaan and Vlada Nikolchenko are inspired on Tamara Yerofeeva’s early 00’s smokey dark make-up. You can do a similar effect using this Urban Decay “Naked Smoky”
This item makes your eyes look bigger. You can draw it with a pencil eyeliner or a liquid one. Kat Von D “Tattoo liner”, is very precise.
As simple as that. If you don’t want to wear heavy makeup, this lipstick colour has to be on your basics. This one by MAC “Russian red” is one of the most sold lipsticks all around the world.
Silviya Miteva and Katsiaryna Halkina use a cast of blue tones on their eyes. Another example of palette that suits these colours is a limited edition HUDA BEAUTY “Sapphire Obsessions” Eyeshadow palette.
Rhythmic Gymnastics routines are not only exercises with apparatus difficulty. There is also artristy on them. The gymnasts could act during their routine with elements that have no value but, on the other hand, they give artistic sense to their routines. These are some examples:
Maria Petrova from Bulgaria. This could be one of the most famous starting positions in Rhythmic Gymnastics history and one of Maria’s most original routines.
Katrin Taseva (BUL) starts and ends her 2018 ball routine with this curious position.
Viktoriya Mazur (UKR) started this lovely ball routine with the ball between her foot.
Alina Kabaeva (RUS), who introduced contortion elements to rhythmic gymnastics at the end of 90’s.
Anna Rizatdinova (UKR) began 2013 season with this suggestive ball starting position.
Elizabeth Paysieva (BUL) starting her rope routine showing her back flexibility skills.
Anna Bessonova (UKR) started her dramatic “Avrora” hoop routine holding the hoop between her wrists.
Viktoria Shynkarenko (UKR) deep look to judges.
Silviya Miteva (BUL) holding the ball on her arms.
Tamara Yerofeeva (UKR) starting with a balance that continued with a tourlent.
Dubai Youth Olympic School of Rhythmic Gymnastics organizes a summer camp training in Dubai from July 1st to August 31st.
The camp consist of Rhythmic gymnastics master classes, ballet and dance. It also includes individual training with world class coaches and choreography of FIG routines (The Fédération Internationale de Gymnastique).
Kseniya Dzhalaganiya is a former European and World Champion Rhythmic Gymnast, who founded Dubai Gymnastics Federation. Oksana Skaldina was her coach. One of her main goals is becoming European Junior Champion in 1998 and World Champion in groups in 2002.
For further details please email: at firstname.lastname@example.org
How is the signature of your favorite gymnast? Have you ever imagined? During press conferences or after competitions gymnasts sign pictures and they even receive gifts for their dearest fans!
Margarita Mamun (RUS) – Euskalgym 2015
Margarita Mamun’s autograph
Margarita Mamun (RUS)- Euskalgym 2015
Aleksandra Soldatova (RUS) – Euskalgym 2015
Dina & Arina Averina
Neviana Vladinova (BUL)
Anna Rizatdinova & Viktoriya Mazur (UKR)
Just in the middle of this season, Sofiya Skomorokh got injured. A few days after, the whole Russian National Group flew to Israel, where the new composition of the group was decided.
The members of the group after this camp were: Anastasiya Maksimova, Maria Tolkacheva, Anastasiya Bliznyuk, Anastasiya Tatareva and Kseniya Polyakova. Kseniya made her debut in Russian National Championships last weekend. Head member of the group, Anastasiya Maksimova said that Kseniya was “a good choice”.
On the other hand, Russian Group is not traveling to Rio Test Event that is going to be held this weekend. Irina Viner-Usmanova said that Group is not traveling because “traveling 18 hours to Rio for just a weekend is non-sense”.
– “We have already seen videos of the competition area and we built a plataform in Novogorsk, like the one that is going to be in Rio.”
Irina Viner-Usmanova also spoke about Sofiya’s injury.
– “Unfortunatly, Sofiya Skomorokh got injured last month. So we had to find a replacement. The new member of the group is Kseniya Polyakova”
All Pictures Copyright by Oleg Naumov for Russian Federation
L.A. Lights is an international Rhythmic Gymnastics tournament that is held in Los Angeles, California. The competition is also known as “The Tournament of Champions”.
There is a lot of expectation around this meeting, since top level gymnasts around the world will show their new compositions. Some of them, Melitina Staniouta (BLR), Anna Rizatdinova (UKR), Katsiaryna Halkina (BLR) and Carolina Rodríguez (ESP) will participate here perhaps with the same exercises as they will perform in Olympic Games in Rio.
Other names that are already confirmed are Anastasiya Mulmina, Eleonora Romanova and Viktoriya Mazur from Ukraine. From Belarus, Mariya Trubach.
Yuliya Atrushkevich is one of the international judges of Ukraine. Yuliya lives in Odessa, but is often in Kiev helping Irina Deryugina.
– In your opinion, who is the most promising individual gymnast in Ukraine?
– Looking forward the future, I would say our top gymnasts could be Mariya Mulik and Alëna Dyachenko.
–How could you describe Ukrainian leotards?
– Irina Ivanovna (Deryugina) thinks that leotards must be simple, a extravagant leotard distracts. For me, Rizatdinova’s ones are the most beautiful because they have their own style. In my opinion, nowadays leotards are “too much”: different fabrics, glitter, velvet, mesh, sequins… We even have seen this year again, back to 90’s, leotards without skirt (Margarita Mamun, Varvara Filiou).
Anna Rizatdinova wore a new leotard at Los Angeles Lights 2015 Tournament
– What is your opinion about Ukrainian gymnasts choreographies?
– At this moment, my favorite exercise without any doubt is Carmen, performed by Anna Rizatdinova. I would also choose groups exercises and Rizatdinova’s clubs. We will add some new tricks to fill and complete the exercise, but overall, they are very good. Irina Blohina, our choreographer, helps us with dance steps, transitions and music choice’s. Of course we won’t change our choreographer because that means changing the whole team which is ridiculous.
– Who is your favorite gymnast?
– I would say Irina Deryugina, Oksana Skaldina, Aleksandra Timoshenko and Galina Beloglazova. Nowadays, I could not choose between Yana Kudryavtseva or Margarita Mamun. Both are lovely and smiley and i like their relationship with their coaches. Rita and Amina Zaripova seems like two soul in one.
– In addition to Ukrainian team, which gymnasts do you like?
– Salome Pazhava from Georgia, who has really difficult routines, Mariya Mateva from Bulgaria, Varvara Filiou from Greece and Patricia Bezzoubenko from Canada. But of course, my favorite is my whole team!
Maria Titova was born in Penza Oblast’, Russia seventeen years ago. Since 2011, “Masha”, won several international tournaments as a junior gymnast such as Deriugina Cup 2012 where she won gold medal with the team.
Irina Viner included Maria in Senior National team with Yana Kudryavtseva, Margarita Mamun and Darya Svatkovskaya. Dinara Gimatova, former Olympic gymnasts who represented both Russia and Azerbaijan, was her first coach in Novogorsk. In 2013 Maria got 5th position in Russian Championships.
“My favorite gymnast ever is Irina Chaschina
European Team Champion, Daria Svatkovskaya got injured so that Maria became number 3 of team Russia. Irina Chaschina (Masha’s favorite gymnast) and Evgeniya Kanaeva coach, Vera Shtelbaums, is right now working with Titova.
Maria attended to almost every top competitions of the year: Grand Prix Moscow, Grand Prix Thiais, World Cup Stuttgart or Grand Prix Holon.
Her next competition will be in Kazan (World Cup) just before World Championships in Izmir.
Maria Titova Grand Prix Thiais 2014
Photo Copyright Cybile C