On day two, there was a tight battle between groups, were Ukraine overtook bronze, finishing before Estonia. Ukraine won team competition just 0.250 points ahead Israel. Ukrainian junior star, Melaniia Tur, got the highest score of the junior qualification round.
Senior groups All-around
1. Israel 67.575
2. Azerbaijan 66.300
3. Ukraine 63.700
1. Ukraine 237.150
2. Israel 236.900
3. Azerbaijan 226.175
Gymnasts Qualified for Clubs Final
1. Melaniia Tur (UKR) 23.800
2. Yelyzaveta Zorkina (BLR) 23.550
3. Evelin Viktoria Kocsis (HUN) 23.150
4. Daria Atamanov (ISR) 22.700
5. Annaliese Dragan (ROU) 22.100
6. Alina Gozalova (AZE) 22.000
7. Lily Ramonatxo (FRA) 21.950
8. Eva Brezalieva (BUL) 21.050
Gymnasts Qualified for Ribbon Final (Juniors)
1. Daria Atamanov (ISR) 21.500
2. Dina Agisheva (BLR) 21.250
3. Stliana Nikolova (BUL) 21.200
4. Narmin Bayramova (AZE) 20.675
5. Karina Sydorak (UKR) 20.350
6. Annaliese Dragan (ROU) 19.400
7. Elsa Somville (FRA) 18.250
8. Anette Vaher (EST) 17.850
3 hoops and 2 pairs of clubs
1. Israel 33.475
2. Azerbaijan 31.700
3. Ukraine 31.700
4. Estonia 31.000
5. France 29.625
6. Turkey 28.300
Junior Individuals Rope and Ball Qualifications
Click on the pictures to enlarge
Ukraine will be hosting the 36th European Rhythmic Gymnastics Championships in the capital’s Palace of Sports from November 26 to 29. The last time that the city of Kiev hosted the European championships in rhythmic gymnastics was in 2004.
These championships are being held in the harsh conditions of the global coronavirus pandemic thats why all anti-epidemic rules and security measures are focused on this competition. The European Gymnastics has developed very detailed Covid-19 guidelines for the running of events.
The local organizing committee and its leader, Irina Deriugina, understand this responsibility. Some of these rules include:
- In case of a positive Covid-19 result during the event, all contacts of the person who has been infected will be monitored
- Medals will be disinfected before the award ceremony
- All participants must show a negative PCR SARS COV2, including gymnasts, staff, judges, coaches, volunteers and the media.
- Disposable masks are mandatory for everyone.
- Surfaces will be disinfected several times a day
- All public events are canceled, such as the final banquet, gala concert, city tours, receptions.
Disclaimer: all images belong to Ukrainian Gymnastics Federation
Euskalgym is a massive event for the audience to enjoy discovering the spectacularity of rhythmic gymnastics . It is a tribute to gymnastics, designed for the delight of fans of this sport, raised to the category of art.
It is one of the most famous events of the year, where the top gymnasts from around the world perform one or two exercises and a gala. The event was held in BEC (Bilbao Exhibition Center), Bilbao (Spain) which also hosted huge events such as MTV Music Awards.
Because of the worldwide health crisis, the event was cancelled by the organization and they are looking forward the next autumn in 2021.
Click on the images to enlarge:
Bulgarian Senior group recently confirmed that they withdrawn from European Championships in Kiev from November 26 to 29 since a member of the team, Erika Zafirova, tested positive for coronavirus.
Local news reported that the team will be on quarantine for ten days and they will not be able to train either compete.
Bulgarian Senior Group will no longer travel to the Kiev
This group has been in top 5 positions since 2014 and they clearly were favorites.
The situation right now is really unstable due to the Covid crisis in the whole Europe. Irina Deriugina confirmed this week that their intention is to still organize the event under strict conditions and with no audience.
On the other hand, Boryana Kaleyn and Katrin Taseva, will represent Bulgaria in the individual competition.
The music is the artistic part of a Rhythmic Gymnastics exercise. It is also regulated by Rhythmic Gymnastics Code of Points. A sounds signal may start before the music, which indicates the gymnast to be ready for the song. The sounds of sirens, car engines and non typical music is totally forbidden. Each piece of music must be recorded using CD, single or USB. The name of the gymnast, country (the 3 capital letters used by the FIG to designate the gymnast’s country) and the apparatus.
Since 2013, music with non-offensive words was allowed to use in Rhythmic Gymnastics
- 0.50 point for music not conforming to regulations for Individual and Group exercises.
- In case the music plays incorrectly (wrong music, music distortion or interruption, etc.), it is the responsibility of the gymnast(s) or Group(s) to stop the exercise as soon as the gymnast(s) or Group(s) realizes the music is incorrect; the gymnast(s) will exit the competition floor and will re-enter and re-start the routine with her/their own/correct music when called to the competition floor.