And then, Almudena’s Gala started, claimed by the crowd. It was announced that she would surprise the audience once again. So she did. She is one of the most beloved former gymnast of RG in Spain and in the whole world. Even current gymnasts admire and respect Almudena as a shining RG star she was. Olympians Anna Rizatdinova and Anna Bessonova from Ukraine adore her. At the end of the gala, Aleksandra Soldatova hugged her as a fan could did. Everybody loves her, who else could not?
Almudena’s gala was focused on Rhythmic Gymnastics history through the time:
“Rhythmic Gymnastics has changed through the years: now our costumes are gold, silver (they were not allowed in 90’s) with feathers and Swarovski stones on them. We wear pieces of art.” And then, Nessun Dorma was played on a piano live. This was the last song that Almudena performed with ribbon in 2008 at Beijing Olympic Games.
After this emotional moment, Almudena talked about the different RG schools of all around the world:
- RUSSIA: Represented by Aleksandra Soldatova
- MEN’ RG: Represented by Eneko Lambea
- SPAIN: Represented by Polina Berezina
- BULGARIA: Represented by Neviana Vladinova
- BELARUS: Represented by Melitina Staniouta
- UKRAINE: Represented by Viktoriya Mazur and Anna Bessonova, who ended the gala with Almudena
- GEORGIA: Represented by Salome Pazhava